U.S. Stock Exchanges
11 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005
Pacific Stock Exchange (PSE)
618 S. Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90014
- Members listed: 551;
- Hours: The PSE is the last full-auction U.S. market to close, at 1:50 P.M. Pacific Time, 50 minutes past the New York close;
- Volume: 2.0 billion shares (1994);
- Options: 20.9 million contracts (1994).
Boston Stock Exchange (BSE)
1 Boston Place
Boston, MA 02108
- Founded: 1834; the third-oldest stock exchange in the United States;
- Members/seats: 204 seats held by 145 member firms;
- Companies/issues listed: 190 exclusive listings; over 2,300 issues total;
- Volume: 5.2 million shares traded daily.
The Cincinnati Stock Exchange (CSE)
205 Dixie Terminal Building
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Founded: 1885; the youngest regional exchange in the country;
- Seats: 275;
- Volume: 1.496 billion shares traded in 1994; 2.901 million trades daily.
Chicago Stock Exchange (CHX)
440 LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60605
- Founded: 1882, as the Chicago Stock Exchange. In 1949 the St. Louis, Cleveland, and Minneapolis -- St. Paul exchanges merged with the Chicago exchange to form the Midwest Stock Exchange. The New Orleans Stock Exchange joined in 1959. In 1993, the name changed back to Chicago Stock Exchange;
- Members/seats; 445 (including specialists, floor brokers, and off-floor members);
- Companies/issues listed: 3,289.
Philadelphia Stock Exchange (PHLX)
1900 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Founded: 1790; the oldest security exchange in the United States;
- Volume: 1,347,339,898 shares traded in 1994;
- Companies/issues traded: 2,500.
Source: The public relations departments of the individual exchanges
Index Menu | Main Menu | Shopping Area | Message Board | Google Search